Our centre operates a waiting list system, in order of receipt of applications. The earlier you return your application form, the more likely you are to secure a place. You are welcome to enrol your child any time after they are born.
Places are offered early in Term Three for the following year. This process can take a few weeks to complete. Please ensure that we have your up-to-date contact details.
When your child will be eligible to attend Pre-Prep/Kindergarten
|Birth Date||Eligible For Pre-Prep/Kindergarten||Eligible For Prep Year||Eligible For Year 1|
|1 Jul 2014 to 30 Jun 2015||2019||2020||2021|
|1 Jul 2015 to 30 Jun 2016||2020||2021||2022|
|1 Jul 2016 to 30 Jun 2017||2021||2022||2023|
|1 Jul 2017 to 30 Jun 2018||2022||2023||2024|
Children with specific needs are welcome
Should we have children attending our centre who require additional assistance or specific facilities to support them in their daily routines, we can apply for funding and employ suitably qualified staff to meet their needs.
How to join our waiting list
- Download the Waiting List Application Form
- Complete the form and return to the centre (during office hours), or by post or email:
- Post: 145 Maundrell Terrace West Chermside QLD 4032
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A $10 application fee is payable when you submit your application form. This fee can be paid by cash, cheque or direct deposit (as detailed on the form). Please use your name as a reference so we can track your payment.
Your child’s name will be placed on the waiting list once we have received your completed form and application fee.
If your child is offered a place, a non-refundable deposit of $200 is payable to secure the enrolment, which includes:
- $50 membership fee
- $100 of the enrolment deposit is held by the centre, repayable at the end of the year at the rate of $25 per term where fees are paid on time
- $50 of deposit is refunded in first term fees
2019 term fees
- Five day fortnight – $750
- Maintenance bond – $25 *
- Total per term – $775
* Parents are asked to assist with a minimum of four hours yard maintenance per year to obtain a refund of their Maintenance Bond.
The Term One invoice will include a refundable $10 library bag deposit.
The fees are set by the Management Committee. The committee strives to maintain fees as low as possible while meeting the centre’s commitments. To do this, we encourage parents to assist with maintenance and improvements where possible.
Fees are payable per term. There is no reduction for public holidays, pupil-free days, sickness or personal holidays.
Rebates and subsidies
Low or no cost kindergarten is available to Health Care Card holders and children and/or parents who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. Contact us to find out more.
Children who are not immunised in accordance with the National Immunisation Program schedule will not be eligible for enrolment or continued attendance at West Chermside C&K Pre-Prep. Please refer to our Immunisation Policy for details.